The new axle, which is a bolt-in replacement upgrade for front axles on all Jeep Wranglers from 2007 to the present, reflects the needs of serious off-roaders and incorporates the features and durability that they desire.
"Jeep Wrangler off-road enthusiasts frequently modify their vehicles to improve performance," said
Among these improvements are:
- Increase axle tube thickness to 5/16-inch for improved strength, rigidity, and durability;
- Redesigned, thicker brackets with 1/4-inch steel that resists bending;
- Spicer® nickel chromoly axle shafts designed for optimal strength and performance;
- Spicer® Life Series® (also known as SPL®) 1350 u-joints with triple lip seals and full-circle clips for ultimate protection and retention; and
- High-strength nodular iron performance differential cover with a Spicer® performance gasket.
Other features of The Ultimate Dana 44™ front axles include:
- Selectable locking electronic differentials;
- Genuine Spicer® gearing with expanded aftermarket gear ratios: 3.73, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, and 5.38;
- Pinion angle optimized for lifted vehicles;
- An increased gross axle weight rating (GAWR);
- Improved caster angle for lifted Jeeps; and
- Upper and lower control arms in the same location as original equipment.
Dana will highlight a number of new products at its SEMA Show booth, No. 36179, located in the South Hall Upper Level at the
More information about The Ultimate Dana 44™ front axles is available at www.SpicerParts.com, or by calling Dana Customer Service at 1-800-621-8084.
About Dana in the Aftermarket
Powered by recognized brands such as Dana®, Spicer®, Victor Reinz®, Glaser®, GWB®, Thompson®, Tru-Cool®, SVL®, and Transejes™, Dana delivers a broad range of aftermarket solutions – including genuine, all makes, and value lines – servicing passenger, commercial, and off-highway vehicles across the globe. Leveraged by a global network of 13 distribution centers, Dana's dedicated aftermarket team provides technical service, customer support, high fill rates, and on-time delivery to customers around the globe. For more information, please visit www.dana.com/aftermarket.
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities. Founded in 1904 and based in Maumee,
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-ultimate-dana-44-axle-introduced-at-sema-300173098.html
Jeff Cole, 419-887-3535, firstname.lastname@example.org